Want to know something about me? You’ve come to the right place :) My name is Corona Zschüsschen and I’m a thirty-three year old illustrator. I live in Enschede, The Netherlands. Besides loving to illustrate I’m a science-fiction fan and I love good books and good food. Oh and cats! (yay :). My illustrator name is the phonetic spelling of my last name.
I’ve always been busy with drawing. As a child I moved around a lot and drawing was one of the constants in my life. Something I could do anywhere, anytime.
I’m addicted to details, colours and light. If possible I try to push everything I can into a drawing, sometimes I go a little bit too far (or so I’ve been told :). With every illustration I try to learn something new. I used to be scared of drawing things that were ‘new’ to me, but now I see it as a welcome challenge.
I love how light can work in illustrations. The play of light and shadow is a constant source of inspiration, especially when I look at the paintings of the old masters. Because most of my illustrations are done digitally, a computerscreen can add a lot to this effect.
Some of my work experience includes:
- Corporate and infographic illustrations for GriDD Consultancy.
- Corporate identity merchandise designs for FOCOS.
- Workprocess illustrations for Cees van Asselt
- Illustrated website header for young adult writer Savannah J. Foley.
- Various book cover designs for author Gwen Gardner
- Illustrated an animated childrens book at Leesmevoor.nl.
- Illustrating mascotte of Brainbasher, a graduation project by Danny Plass-Oude Bos.
- Website header illustration for Lemmings of the light.
- Designs and illustrations for Senzing.com.
- An illustrated poster for the Hospitaalridders.
- Logo and business card background illustration for Sekai Project.
- Comics and character designs for SH-Jong.
Check out my illustrations to see some more examples of my work.